Power has been restored in all quake-hit regions in southwest China's Sichuan Province except two towns inundated by quake-formed lakes, the nation's economic planning agency said here on Friday.
In total, 235 towns had been reconnected to the power grids, while another seven used portable generators, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said.
There was currently no need to restore power at the two towns submerged by the quake-formed lakes after residents had been evacuated, the NDRC stated.
The magnitude-8.0 quake on May 12 destroyed power equipment in 244 towns in Sichuan's 21 counties.
The death toll from the deadliest quake in 32 years rose by one to 69,186 as of Friday noon, the State Council Information Office said. Another 18,457 were still missing.
(Xinhua News Agency June 28, 2008)