To fully implement the Outline of the National Intellectual Property Strategy and propel the work in 2012 in an effective and in-depth manner, the Promotion Plan for the Implementation of the National Intellectual Property Strategy in 2012 is formulated under the principles of "task-oriented, focus-highlighted, overall interest-attended, and effect-pursued."
I. Enhance Quality of Intellectual Property (IP)
Improve IP appraisal and assessment system, enhance IP examination and management of various intellectual property rights, including patent, trademark, copyright and new varieties of plant, guide inventors to shift the focus on IP quantity to IP quality, and boost IP value.
(1) Revise the Assessment Index System of the National Technology Invention Awards, enhance the assessment on patent quality, increase the rewards to significant technological inventions and IP rights obtained through indigenous innovation activities. (Ministry of Science and Technology or MOST)
(2) In the process of deploying major projects that are dedicated to industrialization and technology reform, give priority and assistance to projects that obtained IP rights through indigenous innovation activities, specify the acceleration of indigenous innovation capacity building while drafting industrial policies, develop craft equipment, technology and products that have their own IPRs. (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology or MIIT)
(3) Construct an appraisal and assessment system with reference to "the number of invention patents per 10,000 people," and carry out a pilot program accordingly. (State Intellectual Property Office or SIPO)
(4) Improve the system for assessing the quality of patent examination, establish an examination steering system, identify the responsibilities of examination quality management, improve channels for public feedback/comments on the quality of patent examination. (SIPO)
(5) Improve the monitoring and settlement of abnormal patent application, regulate local patent subsidy, promulgate in due time further opinions on regulating patent subsidy.(SIPO)
(6) Improve the system for managing the quality of trademark examination, steadily expand examination categories, realize examination in full-category step by step, enhance the consistency of examination results, increase trademark examination quality. (State Administration for Industry and Commerce or SAIC)
(7) Conduct works registration in key cities and key fields; carry out study on works classification, promote works utilization; research and carry out city ranking based on the volume registered works. (National Copyright Administration of China or NCAC)
(8) Improve the examination and management of new varieties of plant, formulate test guidance on new varieties of plant, revise and publish rules for examining and approving new varieties of plant, improve the quality of granted varieties. (Ministry of Agriculture or MOA, State Forestry Administration or SFA)
(9) With regard to major projects dedicated to national defense, provide guidance to relevant bodies that undertake the projects on how to protect IP rights, increase the quality of patent application; recruit more examiners for patent in national defense, improve examination quality control, enhance capacity of examining patents involving national defense. (General Armaments Department of the People's Liberation Army or PLA GAD)