To transform Hainan into an international tourist hot spot, the Central Government will:
- Take heavy measures to promote the tourism industry by creating theme parks, recreational facilities, cultural activities, sports lotteries, free-duty shopping centers, and widening its visa exemption scheme.
- Strengthen the market management and supervision of the tourism industry and improve service qualities, as well as improve training for tour operators.
- Improve logistics infrastructure, press ahead with environmental protection and emissions reduction on the island and increase its forest coverage rate to 60 percent by 2015.
- Spur rapid development of modern tropical agriculture, information technologies, the tertiary sector and energy exploration in the province.
- Start a pilot program of cross-border trade in renminbi settlement and explore off-shore financial businesses on the island, as well as provide support for qualified tourism companies to become listed on domestic stock markets.
- Ensure the stable growth of the real estate industry and increase supplies of affordable houses for local low-income groups.
- Continue to perfect the medical insurance system of the province and accelerate integrations between cities and the countryside.
- Take full advantage of the Boao Forum for Asia to promote Hainan as an important platform for international economic cooperation and cultural communications.