(4) Freedom of religious belief
China fully implements the policy of freedom of religious belief, and, in accordance with the law, manages religious affairs and protects citizens' freedom of religious belief.
- The state, in accordance with the law, protects normal religious activities, as well as the lawful rights and interests of religious bodies, venues of religious activities and religious believers.
- The state implements the Regulations on Religious Affairs, improves relevant auxiliary regulations and enacts relevant local laws and regulations to guarantee freedom of religious belief of citizens.
- The state protects its citizens from being compelled to believe in or not believe in any religion, and from any discrimination on the grounds of religious belief, and guarantees the rights and interests of religious believers.
- The state respects ethnic minorities' religious beliefs, and protects their religious cultural heritage. It continues to make necessary investments in the maintenance and reconstruction of temples, mosques and other religious facilities of important historical and cultural value in ethnic-minority areas.
- The state gives full play to the positive role of religious circles in the promotion of social harmony and socio-economic development. It also encourages and supports religious circles in launching social welfare programs, exploring methods and channels for religions to better serve society and promote the people's well-being.