- Economic growth at an excessively high cost of resources and the environment
- Imbalance in development between urban and rural areas, among regions and between the economy and society
- Sustaining agricultural growth and increasing farmers' incomes
- Improving people's livelihoods, especially low-income citizens'
- Promoting ideological and ethical progress
- Strengthening the Party's governance capability
- Weakness and laxity of some primary Party organizations
- Fight against misconduct, bureaucracy and corruption